Polish summer course for foreigners from outside the EU
We invite you to register for free Polish language lessons for foreigners and foreigners from outside the EU. Classes will take place at various levels: A0, A1, A2 i B1. The course is organized as part of the project “You have the right to know!”, co-fincanced by the National Fund for Asylum, Migration and Integration.
1. Registration takes place personally on:
a. Bydgoszcz, 10.06, 17.06, 12.00 – 18.00 pm, Polczynska 3 st., House of Culture „Bartosz” in Bydgoszcz.
b. Toruń, 19.06, 09.30 am – 14.30 pm, 27.06 9.00 am – 18.00 pm, Legionów 15/1 St., Emic foundation in Torun.
2. The subscriptions should be submitted in person along with the document determining the foreigner’s stay status in Poland.
3. Priority is given to persons who took part in Polish courses at the Emic foundation or the beneficiaries project „You have the right to know!” (filled out form in infromation point in Bydgoszcz or Torun).
4. Priority is given to persons who they are in Poland for a short time (six months) and people whose financial situation does’t allow them to take up a course in commercial courses or do not have a lesson in the workplace or at a university/school
5. The number of places is limited, the order of application matters.
6. Persons who have participated in Polish language courses and have exceeded the number of unjustified absences can’t take part in registration.
Participating in the registration means acceptance of the above registration rules.
In one group 20 people in Bydgoszcz and 16 people in Toruń, can take part in one group.
Registration will take place to groups:
Groups in Toruń, Tuesday and Thursday:
9.20 – 10.20 A1
10.20 – 11.20 A1
11.30 – 12.30 A2
12.40 – 13.40 A0
13.50 – 14.50 A0
14.50 – 15.50 A1
16.00 – 17.00 A2
17.00 – 18.00 A2
Groups in Bydgoszcz, Monday and Thursday:
12.00 – 13.00 A2
13.00 – 14.00 B1
14.15 – 15. 15 A0+
15. 15 – 16. 15 B1
17.00 – 18.00 A0+
17. 15 – 18. 15 A0+
18. 00 – 19. 00 A0
18. 15 – 19. 15 A1
Information and Consulting Centers
Foreigners, even those who speak fluent Polish and who are integrated into Polish society, often have difficulties in exercising their civil rights comparing to polish citizens. To support them we guarantee:
- assistance in filling official applications;
- basic counseling on administrative procedures;
- information on labor rights;
- support in finding accommodation and making rental contracts;
- support in the field of medical care (for example, contact with outpatient clinics, providing translation);
- assistance with school contacts (for example, school enrollment of a child, providing support of an intercultural assistant / a school teacher).
There are two stationary information and consultation centers for foreigners in Bydgoszcz and Torun, and from November 2018 a mobile in formation and advisory station will be launched in the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodship. As part of the mobile facility operation, the project can cover all persons living in remote locations, located on the border of our voivodship (for example, Scampe, Wencesborg, Zbichno, Nowe).
Working hours of information-consulting centers:
- Bydgoszcz in the premises of the Kujawsko-Pomeranian Voivodship Administration, Konarsky str., 1-3, building C, second floor, room 136, e-mail: email@example.com , tel.: 52 349 76 91. Hours of operation: Monday, Thursday, Friday: 08.00 – 14.00, Tuesday: 12.00 – 18.00, alternate lawyer – Wednesday from 8.00 to 14.002.
- Torun Legions , 15/1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 507 412 653. Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 9.30 to 13:30, Thursday – from 10.00 to 18.00, Lawyer’s Alternate: Monday from 9.30 am to 15.30, Thursday from 9.30 to 15.30.
Each of the information and advisory centers provides basic and specialized legal advice in the field:
- Legalization of residence and administrative procedures;
- Family and inheritance rights;
- Labor Law;
- Legal support in contacts with employers (for example, in the field of court proceedings, analysis of labor contracts, etc.);
- Civil and criminal law (for example, providing legal representation during the trial);• comprehensive legal services in cases of discrimination and hate speech.
The lawyer’s rotation is carried out:
- 4 times / month at the Bydgoszcz Informational Advisory center,
- 8 times / month at the information and advisory station in Torun (until November 2018);
- 2 times / month at the information center – from November 2018 (for example, in the Group near Grudziondza)In addition to in-patient activities, the lawyer will provide telephone and e-mail consultations.
Working hours of lawyers at information and advisory centers:
- Bydgoszcz, in the premises of the Kujawsko-Pomeranian Voivodship, Konarsky str., 1-3, building C, second floor, room 136, lawyer alternate – Wednesday from 8.00 to 14.002.
- Torun, Legions , 15/1, lawyer’s alternate: Monday from 9.30 to 15.30, Thursday from 9.30 to 15.30.
Bydgoszcz: Justyna Żurowska, email@example.com, tel. 52 349 76 91
Torun: Lukash Lewandowski, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. 507 412 653
Legal advice is possible after preliminary registration of participation in the project at the information point in Torun or Bydgoszcz.
This information will appear in a while.
Adaptation courses for foreigners are held in the form of seminars, lectures or trainings that cover legal and cultural aspects. There is the possibility of expanding courses on meetings with specialists such as doctors, social workers, psychologists or others who can explain foreigners the actual state of affairs of socio-economic issues or changes in legislation. The courses subjects will be adjusted to the needs of foreigners.
|On 20.05.2019 at 10:00 am we invite you to take a course concerning banking. Adress: Krasińskiego 2 Street. We will meet with a banking specialist who will tell us how the visit goes in a bank; what to look out for when opening an account; how not to be fooled. The meeting will be held in Polish. Space limit: 15. In order to participate in the event, you must fill in a form: https://bit.ly/2ZtwSVZ|
Course on the basics of law
We invite foreigners to attend a free course on the basics of law. The course will be held on August 30 in Torun, Legions str., 15/1, from 10.00 to 16.00. The course will be delivered in Polish. We do not provide nutrition during the course. To take part in the course, you must fill in the registration form. The course attendance is possible the order of application priority.
From 2015, the EMIC Foundation supports migrants and refugees – people who are taking their first steps in Poland. We are currently running a project entitled “You Have the Right to Know!” in which we provide social, legal, psychological, linguistic and integration assistance. Project “You Have the Right to Know!” is co-financed by the State Fund for Refugees, Migrants and Integration Program.
- legalization of foreigners on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- issues related to the employment of foreigners under employment contracts, civil agreements or the creation and running their own business;
- administrative issues in which foreigners have the status of one of the parties during administrative proceedings;
- other issues in the field of civil law, such as insurance, housing issues, etc.
Lukash Lewandowski is a lawyer-consultant. He specializes in legal issues concerning foreigners both in the process of legalization and those who have the right to reside in the Republic of Poland.
To attend the course you must fill in the registration form from 10.08 to 24.08. Participation in the course is possible in the order of application priority (in case of a large number of applications we have the right to close the registration earlier). An application can also be submitted at the information and advisory center in Torun, Legions str., 15/1, Monday to Wednesday from 9.30 to 13.30 and Thursday from 10.00 to 18.00.
A special kind of support for people coming to another culture / country is the support of a psychologist, social worker or mentor. In addition to individual psychological counseling, those who need “first psychological aid” will be provided with ongoing social counseling for individuals and families, to facilitate their adaptation to society. Among those identified needs we can also indicate diverse problems associated with the residence location change, the experience of cultural shock, the problems of dysfunctional families, disorders associated with self-esteem, the lack of interaction with the environment or feeling of alienation.
Counseling will also be held the form of group meetings (e.g., competence development seminars, adaptive skills building, self-confidence, interpersonal skills), support groups (for example, for parents) and individual (personalized therapies).
To arrange the meeting with a psychologist, contact Lidiya Chilivska-Barakat, by e-mail: email@example.com. An appointment is possible after registration for participation in the project at the information center in Torun or Bydgoszcz.
Let’s get to know each other (better)! – we’d like to invite you to participate in our cultural meetings.
There’s time for Polish classes and for learning about the right of residence, but let’s not forget about time for conversations, meetings and discovering Polish culture together. Therefore, we’d like to invite foreigners from the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship to take part in our meetings.
Our activities will mainly take place in Toruń and Bydgoszcz but we’re also planning trips around the area to discover regional heritage. We organise theme walks around the city (which let you learn about the region in some less obvious aspects) as well as trips to the cinema, theatre, museums, and even parties.
Who can participate in the meetings?
In general foreigners as well as Poles can take part in our meetings but depending on the type of meeting (this mostly concerns paid ticketed events) some of them may only be sponsored for foreigners.
We invite people who are already registered in the project and people who are planning on joining us.
How to sign up for the meetings?
If you want to receive information on upcoming events, fill in this form and leave your contact information: https://bit.ly/2qCB3P5